God Rides a Jeepney

Last Sunday, after my cousin Marilyn and I went to church, we went to Gaisano Mall to buy my meds and some stuff for here at home. After we finished at the mall, we walked to the park near Gaisano to wait for a Bayabas jeepney.

Before too long, here comes a Bayabas jeep, and the helper was shouting “Bayabas,” and we saw this old man, with very ragged clothing and no slippers, trying to ask favor from the jeepney helper, that he would like a free ride to Bayabas. But the jeepney helper refused the guy, and the same happened with the second and third Bayabas jeepneys. They never let him ride. To me, he was not like the others, he just seemed to be a traveler.

Marilyn and I just observed the guy, letting all our jeeps pass by. We waited to see if that old man could ride. We talked to a lady, a vendor, and even she felt sorry for the old man, because he had been standing there for a long time already. All the drivers refused to give him a ride. I could see that the vendor was also concerned for the old guy. Inside my heart, I just had some strange feeling to help a person who needed a small thing. Marilyn and I talked about it and decided to pay the fare for the old man.

Then I had a strange thought and shared it with the lady vendor and with Marilyn. What if, just only what if, that guy was God, and He was just asking for a very simple thing, not too much. And He was seeing that people cannot open their hearts, even for doing a very simple thing for some other person. The lady vendor agreed with what I said.

So I paid for his fare. Seven pisos won’t hurt somebody's pocket!

Some believe there are angels among us, messengers from God. Others believe that God, once in a while, gives us each the chance to be His angel and it is up to us to do His will, to do what He wants us to do. - Precy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing My Memory

Finally I'm Back

My Birthday!